A quick update from the ASTM summer meeting on pervious concrete. There are five task groups still active, here's what they've been up to:
1) Fresh Unit Weight/Density: C 1688 will incorporate some minor changes in the short term, but nothing significant. There were discussions of including a 'B' method to use a Marshall hammer for compaction, however this is probably in the distant future.
2) Hardened Density and Voids: The task group has completed their round robin testing on lab cast cylinders to identify the best method, and will proceed with drafting the standard while concurrently generating statistical data on cores.
3) Surface infiltration: With the standard recently released, there no changes are pending for C 1701.
4) Compressive Strength: The task group will proceed with a final round robin series, then draft the standard based on those results.
5) Surface Durability: This task group is currently in the middle of a final round robin, while concurrently drafting the test standard.